Pages


Friday, February 24, 2012

Why Do I Write?


I write what I write
Because it’s my reality
It’s where I am
Right now
Writers write
To figure themselves out
Unlock the mysteries
Of their own life
Day to day
When you read it
And you feel something
I am so grateful
If it helps you
Then I am filled
For this is more than
I could ever have expected
So
If you read it
And it touched you
I know we are not alone
And we share something
But I didn’t write it for you
I wrote it because this is where I am
Today, now, in this moment
I’m not trying to poke at you
Not asking you to feel anything
But it will happen anyway, trust me
For this is what has happened to me
When others have told the truth
About THEIR lives
And I have taken it in
And found myself looking in a mirror
I never said you had to do
Feel, or say anything
I have to put this all somewhere
Please understand
And these words
THEY ARE ME
They are the place I am in
Today
So if you feel something
I am grateful
If you tell me that
I am honored
Humbled
But the truth is
I didn’t write it for you
I wrote them for me

No comments: