Pages


Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Few (Very Random) Thoughts - On Working Out!


I sort of created my own interval routine today - works on any cardio machine. Instead of playing my "workout playlist" I accidentally put my I-Pod on to shuffle all of my music.  The mix of beats and types of music had me changing my speed all over the place every few minutes.  You can adjust the settings on the machine, too.  It was an accident but a happy one.

OK, gotta be careful here - big mix of people who read my blog.  Is this a known physiological response that happens to gals at the gym?  I'm referring to when your workout might actually cause you to....um.....OK you get the idea.  Either I'm a freak or maybe this happens to other women.  Not to say that I'm complaining.  I need to look this up online or something.

 I absolutely cannot work out without music on.  No I-pod?  Not moving.

Today I discovered that there are almost no Metallica songs that aren't good to work out to.  Here is a phrase I didn't expect I'd be saying.  Thanks, Lars. 

When I work out, I actually enjoy sweating.  Is that strange?  It sort of feels like all the stress and negative shit that builds up is coming out of you.  Nothing better!

I still enjoy it when Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" comes up on the I-Pod.  This is the song that I sort of think of as how I "talk to" my arthritis.  I turn it up LOUD and kick ass on whatever machine I'm on and think to myself how it's never going to beat me. I can do anything I decide to do!

Dave Grohl.  Two words that do not need an explanation! Foos during the workout.  Perfect.  Makes me move my ass AND think at the same time.  And can I say that I love Taylor Hawkins?  I just did. I just absolutely fucking love him.

Surprisingly, I DO think during my workout sometimes.  For some reason, doing cardio with my favorite music on really inspires the hell out of me.  I'm just in my own space, thinking about life, listening to the lyrics, the killer guitars, holy-crap ass kicking drums (drummers fucking rock my world - that's the heartbeat!) sweating my ass off with my hair looking like god-knows-what and not giving a shit.....for some reason it's one of my favorite things to do.  I absolutely love  it. Feels amazing.

Wore my KISS t-shirt to work out in today.  When "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" came on the I-Pod, I had this big grin on my face. 

Aerosmith.  When the boys are on the I-Pod there is just nothing better.  Speaking of drummers - Joey!  Damn.  Love Joey.

OK - off to get some stuff done!  Have a great weekend!





No comments: