Pages


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dad


Woke up thinking of you today
It’s been almost 9 years
It doesn’t change the fact
That I wish you were here
I’ve been thinking lately
It’s funny, I’m a mother of sons
I have a tough time understanding
When I think of Grandma
Your parents made an unholy mess
I guess I could take the view
That they did the best they could
But when you told your story
I didn’t feel that way
I know, it’s so true
That I didn’t walk in their shoes
So I shouldn’t judge
But sometimes I am still angry
And sad for you
Because you never found resolution
Never got to heal that
He wasn’t there
And so, who she was
Had so much to do
With who you became
I realized recently
That I see you reflected in others
People who are hurt, in pain
And dealing with some of the same things you did
You never got to heal any of that
Carried it around
And it chewed you up from the inside
And I see the same in them
Friends, acquaintances, just people
And I get angry and sad for them too
And I root for them
I want them to be OK
Find resolution, peace
Because you never did
At least you have finally found it now

No comments: