Pages


Thursday, February 16, 2012

More Observations On The Day

Just a few more random, completely unconnected  thoughts from yours truly.  Not sure if you all enjoy these rants or if you wish I'd shut the hell up, but in the absence of comments, here we go!

Nikki Sixx is the coolest MF ever.  Really.  I don't feel the need to explain that. Just take it at face value.

Today, when Zep's "Ramble On" came up in the shuffle on my I-Pod, I noticed the Lord Of The Rings reference in the lyric.  I mean to say, that I noticed it for the first time.  I have easily heard this song hundreds of times in my lifetime.  Hi, my name is Beth Carrignant and I live under a rock.

It's good to listen to anything by Slash when your ass is dragging at the office.  Worked for me today.

Speaking of the office, having a major Sjogren's flare while doing a ton of computer work sucks XL.Holy burning eyeballs Batman!

For a music addict, the 8G I-pod is not a good investment.  It's like you're always trying to stuff an elephant into a VW bug.

 I'm in a passionate on-again off-again relationship with life. Some days you phone it in. Other days taste so sweet! I'll take em all.

 The poor bastard.  He really does love me.  I get so wrapped up in .....trying to figure out the details of everyday life that I forget to appreciate the gift of what we have.  Two people who have shared the amazing and beautiful and have also held each other's hands through hell a few times.  Sweet life.

Joe Perry's "Oh Lord" came up in my I-Pod shuffle a few times lately.  That song feels like a long exhale after something you've just made it through.  Like .....coming out the other side of something.  Makes me think of being broken, at the end of your rope but if anyone is really hearing you....that glimmer of hope. Powerful song.


The blend of Myles Kennedy's and Todd Kerns' voices is just so good. Eargasm!  And I am just the biggest Brent Fitz fan!  I can't wait to hear "Apocalyptic Love".  Slash - one word - doesn't need to be explained.  Damn.

When you stop convincing yourself that you don't care, you discover that you DO care after all.  Funny, it was so much more effort to keep "not caring" when it wasn't actually true.

Nothing miraculous or amazing ever happens when you're in your comfort zone.  "Nice" things can happen, OK.  If  "nice" is what you're shooting for, then have at it. I shouldn't judge...everyone needs to be where it's right for them to be.  Let's just say if I spend too much time in my comfort zone, I can't breathe.

If I had "felt" as sexy as I do nowadays back when I had the slammin' body to go with the vibe - holy shit!  The fun I could have had.  Back then, the only "vibe" I had screamed "nun"....or "none"....same thing really.  Why is it we don't know who the hell we are until we're almost too old to do anything with it?  HA!  Notice I did say "almost".

Leonard Nimoy is on Twitter. That's just cool.  It is.

When you want to conquer something, you can listen to "I Wont' Back Down" by Tom Petty..  I'm not being cliche here.  The lyrics give you a boost and  you feel inspired.  Be a hero in your own life.

Can I say again that Tom Petty is a lyrical genius. That's true.

Friendship, love, connection.  It doesn't matter our ages, our roles in life, where we are.  When we connect, either by meeting in person, or online - we make little "deposits" in the other person's life.  I am so grateful for all of the friends I have, no matter how I've met you.  You've added something to my life and  I LOVE YOU.

People are so freakin' beautiful.  People are cool.  They just don't always know it.






1 comment:

BMS said...

8 G--if i had known I would have told you to buy at least 16. I have 16 and it is not enough for me and my small collection compared to yours--no womder you ran out!