Pages


Friday, February 24, 2012

Rock Your Life


I just want to rock my life
Is that so wrong?
I’m so grateful for what I have
My  husband
Two amazing sons
Wonderful family
Friends who are there through everything
Ass-kicking hard working co-workers
Who are genuinely great people
That’s a lot to be thankful for
And while I’m thankful
I also think of moving forward
Finding that next step
Moving toward my dreams
Taking steps every day to do that
Looking at myself honestly
Not trying to hurt anyone
Haven’t purposely used anyone
All the while, excavating the shit
Discarding what makes no sense
I’m not delusional
Not living in a fantasy world
I have dreams
And I’ll be damned
If I’ll apologize
For who I am
The way I see the world
Or how I choose to walk through it
If I’ve hurt you, or confused you
Made you feel used, or unimportant
While I’m trying to figure this out
I genuinely apologize
It was never my intention. Ever.
But thoughtlessness is still wrong
So I will own it and say I’m sorry
Truthfully
I could never walk forward in the light
If I knew I brought someone else down
But I will still walk forward toward my dreams
Some of you may not like my decisions
How I walk it
I can’t be who you want me to be
And I’m  not asking you to be anything but that which you are
I’m not going to change
To make you more comfortable
I do wish you love and light
On your journey
Thanks for being a part of mine

No comments: