Pages


Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cut Me Down

Have you always
Had confidence
Lived in the land
Of self-acceptance
Well, I just got here
Not too sure
Of myself yet
Just opened the door
To the possibility
That maybe I'm OK
That I might have
Something to offer
Dare to believe
That I'm a poet
This is so very new
And it feels good
Until you cut me down
Infer I should
Go back into hiding
I am getting stronger
Someday maybe
What you think of me
Won't matter to me
I'll get there
Until then
I'll continue anyway
I think maybe
I AM okay
So, I'm staying
In the land of
I like me
Your barbs
Won't send me back

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on sister of my heart! You're an amazing woman. Blessed Be

Anonymous said...

Right on sister of my heart! You're an amazing woman.
@DjSojourner

CALLYGEY said...

Amazing, your words seem to pick up on my stray thoughts and pull them together perfectly.

CALLYGEY said...

Your words are amazing, almost like youve taken my stray thoughts and put them into words. Thank you for sharing

CALLYGEY said...

Your words are amazing, almost like youve taken my stray thoughts and put them into words. Thank you for sharing