Pages


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Don't Give Up

I can see you
Trying to make your world
Smaller and smaller
To protect yourself
Control it
Keep out everything bad
Oh, sweet friend
It doesn't work that way
Life is hard
Sometimes all you can do
Is put your head down
And walk through it
And closing all the doors and windows
Isn't going to change that
But I understand
If you want to pull back
Sort things out
Try to heal
Just don't disappear altogether
Because you deserve
To stand in the light
You have so much inside
That is beautiful
Trust that for yourself
As I do for you
And remember
I am here
A listening ear, a laugh
A moment of understanding
And I'm not going anywhere
Don't give up

For all of my friends, both in person and on FB and Twitter who are going through a tough time.  Don't give up, you're beautiful, inspiring, and precious.  Never forget that.

1 comment:

miAimTIL said...

Great work. thanks for the follow on Twitter and Facebook.