Pages


Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's "Only" Music?


I can never let go of the beautiful, amazing….FORCE that music is to me. I’ll never let everyday life beat me down and take music away. It feels so good when I play, when I listen, when I sing. My piano lesson was HARD today.  I can hear inside of me what it’s supposed to sound like, but my fingers can’t do it yet.  My teacher is so patient and encouraging.  He’s been a musician for a lifetime, and I find him amazing.  He really knows what he’s doing when it comes to how to teach.  I find I’m exhilarated and frustrated at the same time.  I get discouraged when I come home from work, I’m so tired but I can’t let it beat me.  Music is MINE.  It belongs to me.  I’m going to keep persevering.  The better I get at playing, the more amazing it feels. Even during the toughest parts of my lesson today, it was like these little puzzle pieces were fitting together in my mind – the sounds, the concepts, it’s like some kind of beautiful cosmic math or something and it’s how the world’s heart beats you know?  I was so tired, frustrated, but yet amazingly excited at the same time.  A simple piano lesson?  Not so much.  I’m so grateful for this day.

No comments: