Pages


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Asshole


 Inspired by a little "celebrity feud" I've been reading about lately.  Just sat down to write some poetry and this is what came out.  Hope you all enjoy it!
______________________________________________

Blamed it on you
You're an asshole after all
You pushed it, had to talk your shit
I wanted you to fall

It felt real good to cut you down
And dishing it right back
Wanted you to be the loser
So I went on the attack

I realize now the issue is mine
Regardless of what you've said
I don't need to return in kind
Or my dignity's in shreds

So maybe you're an asshole
Always carrying that chip
But I'll be damned if I'll give in
And let the vengeance rip

So say your worst, I know you will
And friends we'll never be
But now I'm gonna walk away
I've decided to set me free

No comments: