Pages


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Searching For Me

I've been searching
For myself
I'd misplaced me
Have been on a quest
Searching high and low
Breaking barriers
Looking at everything
Even the ugly things
So hard to face some of it
Necessary work
No moving forward
Without the work
Look in the mirror
And face your greatest fears
And walk forward anyway
Learned a lot so far
Catching more and more glimpses
Of me
Beginning to understand
Who I am inside
No more hiding
I know what I need
Made some changes
And more on the horizon
More comfortable saying what has to be
Not willing to compromise on the things
That make me who I am
The things that make me excited
And passionate about my life
And now
More excavation
Still more learning
Always
How to balance
The walk forward
My dreams
With the day today
Keeping body and soul together
And cherishing those
I've been blessed to walk with
It's a learning experience
Every day
At times hard
But always worth it


No comments: