Pages


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Own It (Back Off)

You don't get to lean on me
And hide from the world
And then question how
I decide to walk through this life
You don't like the way I am
Because I make you question
The way you are
I can love them
And still be me
You gave up on yourself
A long time ago
Fell on the sword
But you realized too late
There's no payoff after all
Unless you count self-righteousness
You sure hold that closely
I've spent too much time
Figuring out who I am
And you know what?
I don't care anymore
If you like me
It used to be important
And now I just can't give a fuck
You made your own decisions
I felt sorry before, I really did
But it's your life!  Live with it
You have to live with
The decisions you've made
Just like I live with mine
Either change your life
And stop embracing misfortune
Like it's your lover
Using it to control people around you
Or stay the way you are
But keep your opinion
To yourself
Where my life is concerned
Until you take some steps
To own it

No comments: