Pages


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Daily Walk

The people we walk with every day
I've heard it said
That no one comes into our life by accident
And I believe that
I am blessed to have so many amazing souls
That I've encountered on this walk
Some, I've been graced with for a lifetime
Others who have come and gone quickly
And have made no less an impression
The golden threads of their lives and love
Interwoven with mine
Like a beautiful quilt
Some people  have been
Such a source of pain
But such learning and knowledge
In the walking through those moments
There is no soul so black and empty
As to be worthless
So to those people
You have been very difficult, yes
But I thank you for making me stronger
To those who I walk with daily
You shine a light so bright
I cannot express to you in words
The poet fails!
You have no idea how beautiful you are
We are gift to each other
And in this, day-to-day, I am blessed
When nothing else makes sense
I can look at you
And know
We may, at times, be lost
But we muddle through
Together
I can appreciate the journey
And taking it with you
Has been life-altering
And I thank you

No comments: