Pages


Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm the Director

The journey
Has been so different
Than the path I expected to be on
The world, the universe
Is so much bigger
Than the tiny view I allowed myself
I feel differently about everything
And everyone
I see my life
Like a movie
But I've changed the lens
And my view is so different now
The plot isn't even the same
I've changed directors partway
I'm calling the shots now
Changing the script around
Not sure if it's a drama, a comedy
Maybe it's even a horror movie!
There's more work involved
In orchestrating your own life
Instead of walking through
And letting it happen to you
Living your life
Instead of surviving it
But it's infinitely more rewarding
Yes, it's a great deal more work
But it's work that feels good
No matter how hard it may get some days
Because whatever you create
Be it beautiful or ugly
And we are all both
It is all mine

No comments: