Pages


Sunday, April 8, 2012

Why Do You Cry (Opus)


Why is it, do you think
That you cry so often
In your dreams
I know
It is because your soul weeps
But do you know why she cries?
It is because you have hidden her away
She is fully you
In every moment you have lived
Past, present and future
The beauty, and the sadness
Are overwhelming
It will always be like this
She seeks one
Who is light to her light
Who sees with inner sight
And knows of that which is in the silence
Those who are not afraid to see
In this way are so rare
In this life
To share a moment
With such a one
To be as one flame
From two candles
Briefest glimpses
As we stumble along
But we do not know
What we carry
Our souls, our life force
Stilled not by the body’s ceasing
We do not go to nothing
Remaining
Ever warm, ever beautiful
And never to be hidden away
This – the essence of who you are
This – the secret to all things
And when you access it
Feel it for the briefest moment
You are frightened
Push the thought away
How can I tell you
Can I somehow show you
The truth that I know
I want so much for you to know it
If you could see
The world, this life
As I do
You are so beautiful
Trust me
Because I can see
Your soul
Trust
Intuition
Listen to those thoughts
That come in the quiet
When you are alone
Surprising, perhaps frightening
Listen
For your soul whispers
Do not close yourself
To heal from such a wound
Takes time
Trust me, I know
There is much to learn
And many to teach us
Not all lessons are learned
In ways we expect

No comments: