Pages


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Little Groove (Who am I?)

Looking at my own face
In the mirror
And seeing inside
You see
People can't lie to me
When we make eye contact
And it works on myself, too
So, who am I ?
One who needs to be loved
Passionately
I need to know
You can't breathe without me
Nothing less
I am darkness inside
It goes hand in hand
With my  light
If you can't handle that
Keep your distance
I never do anything
Anymore
Because I should
I don't care what I should do
Sometimes the truth
Is hard
But I won't be a lie
You may not always like me
And I'm sorry about that
But I won't go back
If it resonates
On the same frequency
As I do
I'm drawn to it
Moth to a flame
Inexorable
Not going back
No denials, no lies
Barriers
Are made to be broken
If you like to hide
You may not get me
I'm not the girl
Overly concerned with appearances
Mine, or my surroundings
Although I crave simplicity
Despite rarely achieving it
Music
Is in my soul
And moves me profoundly
It has always been so
And when the words call
I must answer
Or they will tear me to pieces
I am a seeker
Of those rare moments
Connection. Light.
Innate knowledge
Natures wisdom
You know something just happened.
A blip on the radar
That changes everything
In the split second
Of a heartbeat
I'm the one
Who reaches out
In that moment
And we're one
For a very brief
Eternity
And it passes
As all things do
Never seek to hurt
Never
Damn, you're too
Beautiful
But I have to be
Can't give up
Can't settle
Can't live a dead life
Sedate
Resigned
Plan to search, seek, learn
Stay messy
Unresolved
Like dischord
In music
The music of my life
Walk the blade
I'd rather die
Than be wrapped in cotton
Comfortable
In can't breathe in there
Stand on the edge
With me
Are you afraid?
You keep your equilibrium
It's not for me
Off balance ?
Or Yin and Yang
Indelible Ink
State of being
BEING
YOU SEE THINGS HERE
That you can't in your cocoon
There's more
Isn't there always more?
Life is a beautiful, tragic, sweet little groove
Ain't it?


No comments: