Pages


Sunday, April 22, 2012

Alone With You (Selfish)

Maybe it's selfish
We've established
That I'm not a nice person, right?
But really
I just want to take you away
Somewhere far from here
Take the time
Just to be us two
See something
Do something
For just a little while
Stop caring
If they're all OK
For just a second
Just you
And I
Two
The way we started
I've wanted it forever
And now
Even though I know
Logically
That you're gonna be OK
It makes a person think
This thing that's happening to you
Happening to us
The world
It's a big, beautiful, amazing place
And you and I
We're always running
Around the same tiny track
Sometimes I just wish
I could take you away
Walk roads we've never walked
See the stars from a different angle
You see
I gave you my heart
And you still have it
I just want to be selfish
For a little while
Just be us two

No comments: