Pages


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Formulas for Life

So, what is the formula for this?
Is it like algebra, maybe?
Damn, I hope not.  I suck at math!
But there are times when I just don't get
My own life
And I think, what if there was a formula
Like in Algebra
Or a postulate or theorem!
Then again, I didn't like Geometry either
I know who I am
Learning more each day
But I don't know if I fit
In this place I'm in
That's because I spent so long
Being blind
And making choices with closed eyes
I silenced my own voice
There are other days
When absolutely everything
Makes perfect, clear sense
And I can see, for a brief moment
How all the pieces fit together
There it is again
The juxtaposition
Yin and Yang
No irony there
In the fact that this symbol is
Permanently inked on my body
Because it's the essence
Of who and what I am
And it's the muse, too
Explains my obsession
With that word
Juxtaposition
Two very different things
Side by side
And isn't that just my soul
In truth

No comments: