Pages


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Why Do You Speak?

Voiceless
Invisible
For so long
Hidden
By choice
Not acquainted
With the person
Inside
A journey begun
To find me
And my path
Now a year
Since he played
Those beautiful blues
So much learned
I found my voice
Defined so many things
I thought I knew
What I was running from
And running to
Now
Honestly
I'm not sure
Still seeking balance, it seems
I feel lost, actually
But in a good way
All I'm sure of now
Is that I have a voice
And that my art, my passion
Must guide my decisions
But no more
Will I speak
Simply to be heard
You will not find me
Acting
Only to be seen
A spirit that does not
Move beyond the self
Is destined to dry up
So now
To take what I've learned
About me
My world
And where I fit
And build
The thing I see in my head
My intent
To live my passion
Love and help others
To speak and act
When there is need
And to embrace the quiet
And the stillness
When there is not

Frankly, I hesitated to even post this.  I have said so much that I am tired of hearing me.  I can only imagine some of you are, too.  But this is how I process things I've learned.  The lessons in the poem above were a long time coming, and were really hammered home to me in several different ways over the last week.  Thank you again for stopping by.  Blessed be.

No comments: