Pages


Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Thoughts At Summer's End

These are just my own insights - take them or leave them. They're things that are true for me or random observations.

1. You can't help someone by hiding the truth from them.

2. There are so many different shades of green in nature!  Have you looked?

3. When in doubt, give it a shot.  At the very least, you'll gain experience and you may accomplish much  more!

4. Never bury or deny love.  It is beautiful and worth it, whatever comes of it.

5. Be grateful for true friendship.

6. High end whiskey is a very good thing.

7. Follow your dreams now.  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

8. Belief, intent, and synchronicity all produce results - when they go hand in hand with commitment and hard work.

9.  You really do have to put everything on the line if you want it.

10. Not everyone is going to "get you" and that's OK.

11. I had to ask my best friend to explain "4:20" to me.  Sheltered much?

12. Chris Whitley's entire album "Living With The Law" is an aphrodisiac.

13. Don't sit in a cubicle for too long.  Create a plan.  Really.

14. Make sure you know where the line is between compromise and capitulation for you.  This one is important.

15. People who work for FEMA work ridiculously hard.  Really - you have no idea!!

16.Jeff Buckley.  'Nuff said.

17. My mom ("Little Vivvie") is amazing. She has so many stories from her early life, I am so lucky to be able to sit and listen.

18. Artists of all kinds need and deserve our support.  They open our eyes, help us face the truth, and change the world, usually at great personal cost on multiple levels.  When I think about this, it just stops me in my tracks, and I am amazed and grateful.

19. Open is still really, really difficult, but way more fun than closed and so incredibly worth it.

20. Reality is the best place to live

21. People who love you for who you are, unconditionally, are rare in this life. Treasure them.

22. I often wonder if someone stopped all coffee shipments to the United States if we'd all just come to a stop and be unable to function?

23.  Laugh.  Way more.  Loudly.  Make people stare.  Just enjoy yourself.

24. I really need to get to the beach way more.  More beach, more often.






No comments: