Pages


Friday, September 7, 2012

Freedom

Today
I release expectations
My expectations of others
So often, people have
No self-awareness around
What they do and why
So established are the patterns
You see, I know my path
What I want and need
I can see it, it is real
So I continue to untangle
And take apart
That which I built so long
Many of you
Have no concept
Of the complexity
I act on my reality
Every day
So now
By releasing expectations
On all but myself
I create sweet freedom
I am free to live
And to love, unfettered
When I want something
I create it
But no more do I hang
My hopes and dreams
Nor my need for happiness
Like an anchor
Around anyone else's neck
These are precious
And they belong to me
They are real
And they are happening
Today, I walk in freedom
As I create my world anew
I will love freely, and feel deeply
With all that I am
For I can love no other way
Expecting much - of myself only
Tasting of life
And accepting with gratitude
The joy that life has to offer

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments: