Pages


Friday, September 21, 2012

Only Me

I am only me, after all
This is my walk
And there is much
Much!
That you do not know
I am changing
I have determination
My dreams are coming true
Every day, I take steps
To make that happen
No lack of courage here
No fear of consequences
Simply, a great deal of work
That must be done
Oh! If only it were simple
It would have been complete
Long ago
Beautiful, sweet, synchronicity!
I am strong
And I know, I see
That it is happening
And so I walk
Meeting beautiful souls
Offering love, support
And belief
I in them, and they in me
But I see
That sometimes
I am not enough
I say too much, I don't say enough
I say the wrong thing
And so I disappoint
You cut me down
Assume the worst
And then, when I am hurt
You can make fun of me
Well, I am only me, after all
And if I disappoint, I am sorry
Walking my walk
Pushing and changing
Seeking those
Who want to share light, too
I cannot tell you
Whether to walk with me
Or not
I am only me, after all







No comments: