Pages


Monday, September 6, 2021

Stay The Course

I think at times

I’d like to wake you up 

Then again, maybe not

You probably don’t want to know all of this, anyway 

Sometimes, even those of us who do know 

Have moments when we would like perhaps to forget 

But it doesn’t work that way 

So we’ll keep carrying you 

Like before 

Lately, you’re getting fuck all heavy 

Just so you know

It’s not that I think I’m all that 

Trust me, I’m not 

But this having to explain to you 

Why you’re supposed to care

About people, and the Earth

It’s just….bizarre 

I’m not so sure if I should go 

With dignified silence 

Or screaming?

Are you asking yourself the same thing?

Do I make you crazy? I’m sure I seem as bizarre to you as you do to me.

Today I went to the wild places

The hawk reminded me to look at things from the highest possible perspective.

Dragonfly said not to let the tough moments get me down. 

The tree people played with Zephyr, the west wind. They sang a beautiful, refreshing song.

All the plants showed me how to tell the severity of the upcoming winter.

Lastly, as I sat near the water, an ancient deer spirit reminded me that all times, places and worlds exist simultaneously. He said to remember that there’s a reason I have always had one foot on each side of the veil. Stay the course, he said. Stay the course.

Always, the mystic and the mundane collide. Forgiveness, understanding and compassion. They can be a tough commodity these days. Stay the course.  Stay the course.




No comments: