Pages


Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's Not Complicated

Life isn't that complicated
Or, shall we say 
It doesn't need to be
Tho' for a long time
I made it so
Now I've got to untangle
All that string
But it's all good
It's happening
The way it should 
I know who I am now
Comfortable 
In my own quirky skin
Hey, I know
Not everybody is thrilled
With how I walk it now
But this is who I am 
It always was 
Not hiding it anymore
So yeah
I'm impulsive sometimes
Feel every damn thing strongly
I bleed words
I haven't quite found my filters
Since I found "open"
In fact, I haven't decided if I want any
I'm gonna sidle up next to life
And make love to it 
Until it begs for mercy
Laugh when it's funny
And sometimes when it's not 
Being irreverent 
Doing what I love
Writing
Loving my music
Doing things
That scare the hell out of me
Because everybody should
And if I love you
Then watch out
It won't always be easy
I'm sorry for that 
But I'm balls to the wall loyal
I'll always have your back
I'm just enjoying life
Having fun being me
No
It's really NOT complicated
Who knew?


No comments: