Pages


Sunday, August 5, 2012

That Little Coat

Sitting here now
All I can think of
Is Chris Farley
"Fat Guy In A Little Coat"
Stuck in my head all morning
Ludicrous, but apropo
I am divided
So much of my life
What we have built
Doesn't fit me anymore
Like that little coat
Too small, constricting
Uncomfortable
I've identified the changes
That need to happen
I'm taking steps
That feels so good
And there is progress
But it is slow, so slow
The Tower of Babel
The House of Cards
They hold on so tight
I know sometimes
I hurt and confuse them
Just by being who I am now
But I was in pain
Being who I was before
And I cannot go back
Trying to do this
With a little dignity
For all
But progress is so slow
And so, there are days
Like today
When life feels
Exactly like that little coat

You do remember
What happens
To the little coat
At the end of that scene......

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: