Pages


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

When Joe Sang

Opened
And it was all so new
Crazy overwhelming
I was tripping over it
Spilling it all over the place
Life, feelings, decisions
It was all so huge
I had no filters
No point of reference
For the wonder
That is everyday life
Many approached
Some have faded
Dismayed by the
Clusterfuck of it all
"Fix Yourself"
And gone
No idea the work
Every day
Still
My issues alone
Own It
And I have
Coming up on a year
Since Joe sang
My beginning
Still more to learn
Every Day
Getting better
At balancing
Focus, intent
Passion
Where it's needed
But being able to
Let go, relax
Just have fun
Unexpectedly
The hardest lesson
Freedom, thou
Sweet, unfamiliar new lover
Regret for the messes I've made
Love and gratitude
For the compassion
Friendship and open hearts
Who have not walked away
At times I've felt
Pathetic, embarassed
But no more
This is me, my journey
Now begins
A new chapter
The next pages
Written by me
My own action, belief
Unwilling to be trapped
By my own thinking, expectations
Or anyone else's
Leave the Tower of Babel
No more
A prostitute for a paycheck
And the House of Cards
Is coming down
I will walk forward
With those who wish
To honor life
And leave behind
Those who can't
This last year
Was messy for me
Now it's time to
Share the wealth
Hold on tight
Because
Baby girl's not afraid anymore

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: