Pages


Thursday, August 23, 2012

I Am

There was a time
When my self-esteem
Hung on what others thought
Only happy
If I weighed well
In their eyes
No reflection of my own
And now
The road has changed
Of my own making
My choice
I am different
Strong
I walk my own path
There is no one
Who completes me
None who are the missing piece
To my puzzle
I am complete
All on my own
I know myself
And I walk my road
Seek to cause no harm
Just being me
There is freedom in this
To all whom I love
Let us be
An open book
Accepting
Believing in the other
The knowledge
Of one who knows me
And chooses to be in my life
In whatever capacity
Just as I have chosen you
This is who I am
I offer you the same gift
Openness
Love, loyalty
Unswerving, unequivocal
Belief in you
I only know how
To love
This way
I am unapogetically me
You may choose to stay
Or go
As you wish
I send you love
And light
Regardless of your choice

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: