Pages


Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Driver


It was me, all along
Driving the car
The wrong way, off the road
Into a ravine
No one else to blame
With self-awareness
Comes the struggle
But I won't shrink back
It isn't enough
To simply OPEN UP
And see it
Once you've done so
You've got to deal with it
Take action
The light is on now
In my soul
I've set myself free
Clearly, I've made quite a mess
In my soul-blindness
Over the years
It won't be untangled overnight
I can see that
But I will walk forward
Make amends where I can
Send light and love where I cannot
I will take the hard steps
Even if others do not understand
Or approve
At times I'll walk alone
Certain of my path
Even when everyone thinks I'm crazy
Other times, graced
By the wonder
Of kindred souls
A smile, a word of encouragement
So much light!
Life is beautiful
And I will live mine
Fully
Yes
The light is on
In my soul again
And it feels so good
This life is mine!

No comments: