Pages


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Box

The sun came out this morning, the way it always does. And it shone down on this whole, great big beautiful world.  But I felt like it wasn't for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a tiny little box, with limited room to move. I ask myself all the time, "why can't I just accept quietly and be happy, like others do?!" And my soul always screams back at me..."You can't go back to ignoring me. Keep trying. Find a way to love them right and still honor me." And so I know. I love the people in my life but I must change some things about what my daily walk looks like. This is surprisingly complicated if you've spent years ignoring yourself. But in this I still have hope. I will work to love those I am blessed with while also honoring.this poet's soul that demands of me authenticity and VOICE. Each new day is a gift. I am so grateful for each one.

No comments: