Pages


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Am I Making Sense?


Impossible to tell
If I’m making any sense
It’s hard to know
I know a lot of the time
Many of you just don’t understand
Other times, I find out that someone
Does get it
And you tell me
That your heart has felt that way, too
I know in that moment I’m not alone
That connection is such a blessing
As are you
I’ve come to know
That in letting go
There is freedom
I don’t worry anymore
If anyone “gets me”
And I put it out there
Risky
Sometimes I do get slapped back
Rejected, or criticized
I cry when that happens
It hurts
But I get right back up
And I stay on this path
I know who I am
Freak flag flying proudly
So, if you don’t get me, It's OK
I'm still gonna be me 
Regardless
But when you do
You make my heart smile
And I love you for it

No comments: