Pages


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Late Night Saturday Thoughts

When you do not go to the quiet places during your waking hours, your soul seeks out the truth in the night.

I will never be a blank page. I may not always be neat and well put together but I will always speak.

Will there always be so much! Stark simplicity, terrifyingly beautiful.

 I sought outside of myself only to find it was inside all along. Now I know that which I AM

Do you see the beautiful thing that we create together?

And somewhere in the middle we find consolation.

When the notes are right
They reach my soul
I make love to them
No other understands me
Touches me
As music
Not mine to own
But owning me

If life were a single word I would be JUXTAPOSITION

Ah but the words will never stop. Not at night. Not all day. Not ever. I push them aside, only to find they spill out, making a mess

Completely open
Raw
Painful
The safety of anonymity
I let you see everything
All but my face
I keep my mask in place
Await one who knows

The certainty that I am separate
Comfortable in the mire
Surfacing for a breath
Each time a glimpse
Truth beckons
Behold that which you know

There is inspiration
In the tiny scraping motions
Futile struggles
Striving to breathe
Suffocating in the everyday
My wings grow stronger.

There's a place
Where my heart meets it's match
Is that where you hide
You make it impossible
But the only way to be
Irresistible

Seeking fullness
Plugging the holes
Can't bail fast enough
How can i be drowning
When my cup is empty?

You speak a few simple words
Brings me back to myself
Instantly reconnected
Never sure why or how
No need to understand
Just speak again

Are you connected to everything
Or isolated from all that matters
The moments of your life
Juxtaposed
Against the reality inside
A soul in 2

 Tripping off your lips
Like the wine you drink
So close to what could be
The sensation of waiting
You try to force it
And only push it away

Obstacles are meant to be run over and then flipped off in the rear view mirror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome. chewstroke loves your work.

Beth said...

Thank you, "Anonymous". :)