Pages


Friday, March 23, 2012

New Day...Hard Won


One whom I walk with
And when I'm not okay
He lets me blame him
But it's my own weakness
In not facing my own demons

Someone saw me sinking
And only wanted to help
Reached out a hand
But I was accustomed to my hell
So I spilled my pain on them instead

Finally excavating my dig site
With everyone watching
Because open was so NEW
I had no filters
Not knowing what to protect
And what to share

Hard learned lessons
How many have I hurt
Over and over
By holding so tight to my pain
Believing the delusion
That I hurt myself alone

To all whom I've loved
Touched, hurt
I cannot take back the past
I can only offer this

From TODAY forward
I will face what comes
Be it joy or pain
Being honest with myself
And true to my path

When action is needed
And facing it is hard
I will walk forward
And never hide

I will value myself
My life
And those I'm blessed
To share it with
In any capacity

And in doing so
Work to spread light and love
And not pain or regret

No comments: