Pages


Thursday, April 2, 2015

Growth

We chase what is comfortable 
Seeking ease
Shrinking away
From what is difficult 
Because it pushes our buttons
We fear our inadequacies will be laid bare
Everyone will know!
So we keep up the facade
Of everything is fine
Rather than face 
This lesson 
We only want to feel the good stuff
What we miss
Is that this is happening for a reason
Just as the outer shell of a seed breaks open
So that beautiful, new growth can sprout 
We are the same
And so yes
Maybe some situations are the pits 
But just like that peach pit I planted 
At memere and peperes house when I was little
Something beautiful grows from that "pit"
And so I celebrate what rubs me wrong
The situations that make me question 
The things that break me down 
Because nothing beautiful and worthwhile 
Ever comes from hiding 
I say it every morning 
And I say it again 
"In perfect love and perfect trust"



No comments: