Pages


Monday, March 16, 2015

Ugly

What does ugly mean?
Is ugly anything that's not young and smooth?
I've gained 20 pounds since the fall of 2013.
Don't medicate with food, my friends 
Very often I feel ugly
Not comfortable in my own skin
Maybe, though
Could it be possible?
That ugly is inside 
And not outside?
I wonder 
Perhaps ugly is what happens inside 
When we let fear, anger or despair win
And we lash out at each other 
Or hide 
When I do that
I know I feel ugly 
So is it a look or an action?
Is it inside or outside?
When I think about it
I feel tired and heavy 
And 
Ugly
And I want to take it all off
My body
All the crappy, nasty stuff
That we all all do to each other 
The daily fight
This false separateness
And I want to be one 
I want to take beauty, peace and joy
As my lover
I want us to wrap around each other 
And in the tender warmth of oneness 
The natural state 
Of pure love is revealed 
We are lifted, made better
Free!
And I think in this, there is no ugly 
I think that ugly 
Is something that happens to us
When we are blinded to the sheer beauty 
Within ourselves 
And in others
I think we can make this journey 
Easier or harder for one another 
We can ease or add to each other's burdens

I don't want to be ugly 
Anymore 
Or ever again 

I don't see any of you that way either 

Let's try and remember from now on
There's no ugly 

There's just
Us








No comments: