Pages


Sunday, December 23, 2012

Unafraid

There was a time
Hesitant on my path
Needing approval
Wanting a hand to hold
Afraid to do this alone
And now
I know me
I am strong
I take life
Shake it
Mold it
Build this thing
That I see in my heart's sight
It is mine, it exists already
There are many I love
And I want so much
To take you all with me
On this walk
To journey together
Some of you will come to see
That our path's intersect
You are the freshest air of my in-drawn breath
You inspire me so
And I will live in gratitude for you
Each day we walk this road
Still others
Will move away
On their own path
And when you do
You will take a part of my heart
With you
The tears will come
And the pain, it will stay
But I know my path
And I will walk it
There is great and amazing joy
And freedom in this
For a soul to wake each day
Eager for the day
Loving each moment
Grateful for each breath
I can see it
And I am building it
Every soul I have encountered
So beautiful
For what you have all added
To my life
I am so grateful
And truly, I love you
I raise my glass to each of us
And our beautiful journeys
I wish you love and light on yours
As I take mine
Eager for each new day

No comments: