Pages


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Getting Tangled / Everyday People

They reach out
Only wanting to share
And I stop
Playing my silly game
Do I stand
All the way in the light
This time
Let it's joy fill me
Only to be seared
When the dark comes
I always think
"This time I will not jump in"
And each time I do it anyway
For my soul finds people
Broken, beautiful people
Everyday people
Irresistible
And so I dive in
Going under
Getting all tangled up
And it's always such a joy
So amazing, beautiful
And, yes
So crazy, crazy painful
People just have no idea
A word, a gesture
Or our silence
We give each other such joy
And we hurt each other so
There it is again
Yeah, fucking ouch
I doubt I'll ever stop
Getting tangled up
I guess that's life
My time in the quiet places
In nature
And music
Keep my soul from being torn away
Life
Beautiful little walk isn't it?



No comments: