Pages


Monday, March 11, 2013

Soul's Gift

For anyone going through or who has gone through a rough time, from one who stands close by, watches, feels and loves.

It's as if  your souls
Are on the outside
So beautiful
I see you
My brave ones
Fire not quenched
By the world's pain
Truth not silenced
By anything life brings
I feel tiny, powerless
For I can only watch
Stand close by
Love you
And my soul
Always reaching
Seeing, feeling
She picks up the thread
Touches your soul
Warmth to warmth
And light to light
She weeps
That the world is so cruel
To those so precious
But she smiles, too
For your fire, your beauty
The sheer light that you are
And the truth that you tell
With your walk
Can never be hidden or made dark
And so she stands
In this sweet, exquisite pain
Knowing it will always be like this
She will always stand close by
Remaining near to those
Whom the world does not always understand
But whom are the most precious gift of all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

" The more we can empathize with the pain of others, the richer our own lives ..." I read that in a magazine today and thought of you.

Beth said...

Thank you, so much.