Pages


Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Rejection of the Old Ways

I do not wish to wait
Not anymore
I will create
I will be true
To myself
I cannot
And I will not
Be content
I reject the concept
I will no longer be happy
To watch others
Live their dreams
For I have dreams, too
And I want more
I will have more
I am not sorry
And I do not apologize
For feeling this way
I will create
I will live in my own way
I will start anew
You may have discomfort in this
And if I can follow my dreams
Without hurting anyone
I will
But if I cannot
You need to know
That I will follow them anyway
No longer willing
To be only half a person
Old belief systems
Dead to me
Only this moment
And living in it
Matter now
And I need to move
Grow, create, change
I must create the life
That I am meant to live
And complacency
And acceptance
Will never be a part
Of my new life

No comments: