Pages


Sunday, January 15, 2012

What We Are To Each Other

I don't think we realize what a difference we can make in the lives of others.  I don't believe in co-incidence.  If two people, or a group of people, have met in some way, then we add something to the color of each other's lives.  This is how it's supposed to be. This can be a 10 minute interaction, or a lifelong relationship.  The point is, we are all here to help each other.  We all weave the threads of our lives together into something more, something beautiful.  Maybe you opened the door for me at the bank, or maybe I paid for your coffee because you left your wallet at home, or you encouraged someone on Facebook or Twitter during a tough day, or we had a great conversation while stuck in the airport - whatever - maybe I'll be your friend forever, or maybe I'll never see you again.  The point is, we connected.  We added something to each other.  A moment, or a conversation - these connections can be profound - they can really add something.  You don't need to label them and put them in a box or slot, so that you can define them.  Just being thankful - that we all have each other - is enough.

No comments: