Pages


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Never Alone

* Written on 1/17/12 / Lunch Hour / Listening to Alter Bridge, specifically "Words Darker Than Their Wings"  This is written as a love letter to everyone.

Do you think that we're alone?  When you die, what is it that you think happens?   When I think we might be alone, I feel empty, cold, and hopeless, and there is no light.  But you don't have to believe in a traditional deity to know that we are not alone.  I know there is more, even if it is simply what we ARE together. This is about more than the time we spend walking upon this earth.  Some of us believe in a formal "Father" based concept of a deity.  Others do not. Our beliefs are as varied as the paths we followed in order to arrive at these beliefs. I have known for a long time that we can reconcile all of these different beliefs.  We have more in common than we realize, and if we knew how connected we were we would weep, with both sorrow and joy.

Do you understand?  I have felt it and I am consistently frustrated because I am compelled to write, and write, and write until I cannot write anymore.  I can try and try, and I cannot capture this - and it is the most important thing I will ever write.  Today I make another stab at trying to share this with you, and yet I'm only moving all the sand on the beach with a teaspoon.

Still, I will try, and I will keep trying.  I need so much for you to know, and so I'll keep throwing myself at this wall until it falls. It will fall. 

I have gone inside, where there is only me - alone - with my soul.  Do you know what I found there?  I found MYSELF.  I found EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.  I found GOD.  All three of these things are tied together, they exist within one another. How could you walk around each day and not see yourself the way I see you?  It kills me, in all seriousness.  Do you really think that you could be some empty random accident?

You are a precious and beautiful creation.  Yes, YOU.  This is why when I simply LOOK at other people, I am sometimes overwhelmed, when I catch that little moment of truth in your eyes.  I am overcome, because I KNOW what you may not realize - what you are - how amazing that is.  If you could only see yourself as I see you.

And so this writer will write.  I will write about many things over the course of my life, because I  can no sooner stop writing than I can stop breathing.  But THIS MESSAGE, that I have made such a pathetic attempt tonight to share with you - this is what I will keep trying to tell you.

Light and Love to you all.


No comments: