Pages


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walking With One Foot In Another Plane

We walk around in our physical bodies each day, on this planet.  And for the time that we draw breath on this little blue orb, this is the physical plane of our existence.  I firmly believe it is not the only plane that we exist on.  Our spirits, the energy or life-force that is within us, exists on multiple planes.  There is so much more to our world, to ourselves, and to our connections with the world, and each other than the actual space that we inhabit.

In time, there exists a truth that we do not always touch in our everyday lives.  The motion of our souls is tantamount to a stirring, like that of the ocean waves.  Infinite wisdom is available to any and each of us, if we but touch it.  Where do you suppose intuition comes from?  Why, I wonder, do we look for God, or that something larger than ourselves, outside?  Why do we so often assume that we are empty and that we must look elsewhere to be filled?  If you are a child of God - a child of this earth - AND LET ME TELL YOU NOW - YOU ARE - doesn't it make so much  more sense that you and I; each of us; would arrive here connected? 

Each of us has a spark of creation inside of us.  God did not create empty, dead things.  This means that YOU ARRIVED HERE PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL.  Regardless of what has happened to you in your life, regardless of what people have done to you, despite anything and everything you've done, and despite what you may believe about yourself, your life, and your possibilities - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU MATTER.

I'll ask again. Where do you suppose intuition comes from?  Naturally, we all have some basic knowledge of life based on experience.  Having said that, have you ever had the experience of simply knowing something, when you clearly have no way, really, to know it? 

Some of us have the experience of "picking up information" about someone when we make eye contact.  I can see things about you if you return my eye contact, and you do not hide.  It doesn't mean that I know everything about you, and it doesn't stop you from being purposely deceptive. But it does mean that I just "saw" you, a little piece of you, some truth.  It happened because I looked and you didn't hide.  And I didn't hide from you either.

The same thing happens in nature.  We are connected with each other and with the earth.  The earth, like us, is alive.  She whispers to us, and tells us the truth.  Spending quiet time in nature is a very moving experience, because there is never actually silence in what we have come to know as silence.  There are things to be learned, by listening, watching, and being open.  You will suddenly know something, inside of you - and it's as if the knowledge was always there, but you didn't realize it until that very moment.  It's as if a shell cracked open and now you can see what you hadn't seen before.  When this happens, the rush of joy can just knock you over.  Do I laugh, do I cry - oh that I had wings so that I might take flight!

Walking with one foot in another plane.  Let me say unequivocally that if you do, some folks will simply not "get you."  That's OK!  I'll admit sometimes it's sad,  because you can feel alone.  If you aren't walking through life with anyone at all who sees and hears and experiences life the way you do, it can be tough.  I do have times when the need to be with someone, even if for only an hour - someone who "gets me", is huge.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  (I know you're out there, and we'll have our conversation someday.  I can wait.)

This almost invisible gossamer thread that weaves through my soul and through yours tells me we are all connected.  Because it is there,  I see and hear what there is to learn in nature.  Because it is there, I feel more alive.  When I look into a person's eyes, or spend time in a beautiful, natural place -  I can be in touch with the truth. 

Talk about living in the space between!  It's truly a good place to be. 

No comments: