Pages


Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Unraveling

If at times I crave the unraveling of it all
Please forgive me, for it is not out of contempt
It is only that I do not know where I belong
And when I feel like this, I don't know who I am
But, I have come to know
That when I let go and stop hiding
Only what is real is left

Sometimes, the truth is so big, and I feel so small
And I think that I must be useless, broken
But, far from the noise of the everyday
Where we work to be heard
There is another song, and it calls to my heart
In the quiet, where there is truly no silence!
I can hear it.  And it's beauty breaks my heart.

In these moments, I can feel...everything
And it is so unalterably honest, I cannot hide from it
I can only be that which I am
And there is acceptance of my full being!
And connection with all that is

Each day is truly a new beginning
And the stuff of our dreams is woven in
Throughout the mundane, and hidden in the everyday
Messages of  hope,  moments of bliss
Come to us in the darkness
We do not often see or hear
That which is directly in front of us.

So forgive me if I crave the unraveling
Truly I cannot help myself
Because I know that when I let go
Of all that I hide behind
Only what is real will be left

No comments: