Pages


Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Berlin Airlifts and Mourning The America I Miss

Just caught the end of a show about the Berlin Airlifts, how those supplies made those people feel....one person said he was a little kid at the time and said "It was more than just the food. Someone in America knew we were in trouble."
I almost started crying because that's how I used to think of my country. That's who I thought we were, that we had resolve in how we handled things, and we helped people.
Now, it feels as if we hate everyone, and each other. We worship money and lack unity.
It was just a quick moment, between the blurb on TV and my reaction probably less than 5 minutes. I was just not prepared for how hard it hit me. I really had to reel myself in to not end up balling.
I can't explain it. It just is, it's what I felt. I didn't realize the degree to which I mourn what I thought we stood for.
Wow.

No comments: