Pages


Saturday, December 20, 2014

Passenger Seat

Quiet little December town
Sweet sugar coating
Just like confectioners sugar
Signs go by
My glance settles on each
This passenger's seat
My own little world
She's talking
Sister of my soul
I'm replying, smiling
All the while
I'm watching myself
From somewhere else
And the signs and empty sidewalks
Keep going by
While I sit in the warm car
And the music goes deep
So, when doesn't it?
And I can feel every heart
I've ever been graced to know
They stay with me, you know
If you had an hour
Or maybe a lifetime
Or two
We could sit,  have a drink
I could tell you the story
Of each one
Going back to the days
When I was tiny
And when the music goes deep
They all come back to me
Like waves to the shore
I can tell you it's the sweetest grace
The pain, the soaring love and joy
They come together, always
But, most of you figured that out for yourselves
A 4 minute song
Or maybe it was a lifetime
Talking, riding
And the little town goes by



1 comment:

brudberg said...

The comfort to ride in silence with someone you know can be quite special...