Pages


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Separation

A few days I go, someone I follow on twitter was tweeting about missing their love, because one was travelling without the other.  I thought this was something we've probably all dealt with at some point in our lives.  I sat down to write and this is what came out.  Sometimes I worry that my "talent" for rhyming poems sounds a bit like a sappy Hallmark card, but the damn things keep coming out, and so here you go.

If thoughts have wings
And you know they do
Then you're not out of reach
I close my eyes, and there you are
I can always be with you

Connected.  We are always one.
Regardless of how far.
Amazing how the spirit flies
Even beyond the stars

Your smile, it's such a light to me
I can close my eyes and see
Till once again, when we can touch
Together, me and thee

No comments: