Pages


Monday, December 12, 2011

Feels Good

Some days just feel good.  At times, it's because something awesome has happened.  Other times, it's just everyday life.  Today feels good for that reason, because my everyday life just feeeeels gooood. 

It wasn't an especially eventful day, really.  It was crazy busy, and I overdid things a little bit physically.  But I didn't let it get me down.  I'm always in this state of war and subsequent truce with my body.  Today I pushed things a bit more than was comfortable, but later my spirit and my body called a truce.  Now I'm relaxing with some hot chocolate spiked with a shot of Makers Mark and enjoying the down time.  My feet are saying "thanks, it's about time." So I feel like I did what I wanted to do and managed to find some balance.  Balance feels good.

I got to spend time with my man over the past few days.  Sometimes, really, everyday life kinda beats up on the two of us.  Circumstance, responsibility, and other factors combine and mean that by the time we take care of everything and everyone else, we may not have a  hell of a lot of energy or time for each other.  But we've stuck together all this time, and we've had great moments and really tough moments. That's what's beautiful - looking across the room at him and knowing that he has been there every single day, for the beautiful and for the hell moments.  It's just sweet, intoxicating.....crazy amazing when you can be this comfortable with someone.  God knows I'm a maniac sometimes - moody, unpredictable,  complicated - and doesn't he just keep rolling with it?  Love it.  That kind of love feels good.

I enjoy small moments in everyday life.  A conversation with a friend, an encouraging word on facebook or twitter, a song that really reaches inside, kickin' ass at the gym, the person at the store who started a conversation and really had me laughing, or listening to the banter between my sons.....punctuated by jokes and laughter.  All of these moments feel good, too.

I've been spending more time in prayer and meditation lately.  I'm less and less focused on organized religion but more and more focused on spirituality. The time I take, when I pull back from the everyday routine, and meditate, write poetry, listen to music and just allow myself to simply BE - just breathe in and out - this time is what has unlocked the appreciation I have for the world around me and for my life. 

I am so grateful every day for my life.  IT FEELS GOOD.

No comments: