Pages


Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Meeting with Myself 3

Today, in meditation, I went to the quiet places.  I met my true self there.  Today, she looked.....like  me.  Just exactly the way I look today, except perhaps more.....me..........more centered.  She was quiet in her demeanor today.

She said "What do you need right now?"  I couldn't answer her.

So, instead she asked me a question. "Why does the Eagle fly?"  For some reason,  I could answer that.  I said, "Because it's his nature to do so."  She smiled, because I understood.

What is it in MY nature to do?  Music, poetry, the spoken word - and using these to reach - to touch other people - this is what it is in MY nature to do. To borrow a line from Henry David Thoreau, if I "walk confidently in the direction of my dreams", then I am doing that which I am supposed to be doing. 

Yes.  The details of everyday life often feel like a drain, and threaten to take away the things that make us what and who we are.  But we cannot let this happen.  We must keep doing what makes us excited, stick with what we are passionate about.  I already know that when I do this, I am happier.  I have more love and patience and excitement to spend time with my loved ones.  So, no giving up. 

Follow  your dreams.

No comments: