Pages


Sunday, November 27, 2011

On Being (Hallelujah)

I didn't think I could feel "Hallelujah" anymore.  You said you didn't believe.  And you were broken, but you sang it out anyway.   Both your joy and your brokenness were there for me to see. Sometimes we are broken, but we sing out in spite of it.  The sound makes my heart soar, even as it weeps.  Even when it's not working - when absolutely nothing is working, I can still enjoy simply being. And if you're doing it right it should hurt, and feel amazing and joyful all at the same time.  This is what life feels like.  You can't have one without the other. You have to find what feeds your soul and go with it, because when you follow that, you'll find what you need and you'll be where you're supposed to.  This is what  life feels like.  Pain and Joy are two sides of the same coin.  If you have the courage to embrace both, then you'll catch a glimpse of true beauty, both LIFE and DEATH.  BEING.


No comments: