Pages


Monday, November 14, 2011

A meeting with myself

Today in meditation, I saw my true self.  We have met and spoken before, when I come to the quiet places.  She embraces me, always delighted and filled with joy that I have come.  Today she showed herself to me as an old woman.  Long grey-white hair cascaded down her back.  Her eyes shone brightly, and reflected within them was joy, warmth, truth, and much urgency.

"Do you know how much power you are giving up?"  She told me that when I numb myself, I give away the truth of who and what I am, as if it were so much trash.

She told me again.  "In your greatest weakness, you will find your greatest strength."  We have had this discussion before and it always scares the hell out of me.  I like to be strong, ignore weakness, pretend it's not there, take care of business.....I'm not overly fond of being vulnerable or weak.

She explained to me that whether it is my arthritis, emotional or family issues, or the truth that pierces my heart in the every day, that I need to continue to be truthful and share these things in my everyday life.  I have to continue to write my poetry and be truthful about my life.

"Each day that you walk in truth and look at life through it's lens is a day that you walk closer to the day that you and I are one.  Every moment of the journey is important, so do not miss the small miracles in the everyday."

 As I opened my eyes and looked around at the stark beauty of the late autumn morning, I thought to myself that perhaps it does make a difference if we, each of us, doesn't walk through life with our eyes OPEN, and being truthful about our journey.  Perhaps this is how we help each other, and how we are supposed to truly live and love our way through each day - each moment.








No comments: