Pages


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Living

We don't know what will happen from one moment to the next in life, do we?  But really, isn't this beautiful?  Knowing this helps us to appreciate the moments we have, each and every day.  Every face you see, behind that face is a soul.  THAT SOUL IS BEAUTIFUL. Do we look past appearances, impressions, and really SEE the people we speak to every day?

Sometimes, I think the world is so amazing and beautiful that it will kill me just to keep looking at it.  Maybe that comes with the poetry.  I think it does.  Because when I don't really look at the world and I let everyday life and TV, food, worries - whatever -  distract me, during these times the poetry dries up.  I begin to hate feeling numb and so I open back up.

Inevitably, being open is like WHOOSH - a wind blows through my soul!  The world we live in amazes me, I can find amazement in the smallest thing.  Nature mesmerizes, entrances me.  The faces of the people around me make me want to know more.  Stop - let me look into your eyes.  If we make eye contact I'll see the truth in your eyes - and you will see the same in mine.  Are you afraid to let me see?

Why would we not want to live every moment to it's fullest?  You get one go-round folks, one ticket to the fair.  So, feel the wind, kiss your kids,  make love often and in interesting places, and reach out to people.
I haven't always lived this way, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste any more time.

Yeah, OPEN feels a little raw at first.  But really, there's no other way to do it.  Kick every day's ass.  LIVE your life. We don't have to be perfect, we'll make mistakes and fuck things up.  We'll laugh our asses off and sob in grief sometimes, too.  But, on this ride we'll touch each other, and we'll live and love and reach the end of the journey having truly LIVED.







No comments: