Pages


Thursday, January 7, 2021

I’m Not Your Lightworker 

Yesterday had a profound effect on me, as it did many people.  

Let me make something perfectly clear as we all process what happened yesterday. This statement from me has been coming for a long time and is overdue.

I am not a "Lightworker". I do not subscribe to the Wiccan Rede. I am not going to blow sunshine and daisies up your ass about what happened yesterday. I am under no obligation to accept that which harms people or our country just to avoid rocking the boat or to avoid upsetting people.

If you have mistakenly thought that I had that belief system let this be your notification that I do not. 

While I certainly have an open mind, there are limits. I have made plenty of mistakes in my time, and I seek to learn from them and to be better every day. I believe in the greater good. I ask questions. I examine motives and delusions including my own. I look under the surface. I also believe in firm boundaries and stopping at a personal and systemic level all that harms our country, our communities, our planet, and our people.

Those firm boundaries mean that some beliefs and practices that others hold dear do not work for me. 

Please seek your sunshine elsewhere. I didn’t come here to provide it. 

This has come up more than once recently and it was time that this witch put it out there.




No comments: